(Updated 01 May 2018)
The George Adamson Wildlife Preservation Trust takes privacy very seriously and we comply with the standards set by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) under reference ZA345366.
The categories of information that we collect, hold and share include:
- personal information (such as name, address, telephone, email address)
- donations received
- gift-aid declarations
- attendance of fund-raising functions.
Why we collect and use this information
We use this data to:
- further our charitable objectives as laid down in our Trust Deed.
- raise money for projects involved in the preservation of wildlife and furtherance of our education obligations, principally in Africa.
- keep you informed about progress and developments
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We collect and use information under the following lawful bases:
- Legitimate interests
We may collect information from a variety of sources including:
- a form on our website
- email or post or phone or other social media?
- personal recommendation
Storing personal data
We are required to hold data on individuals who have been kind enough to donate to us for a reasonable period of time in order to comply with HMRC regulations.
Data is held securely and will only be accessible by staff or trustees who are authorised to view or process it.
Who we share personal information with
We routinely share information with:
- HMRC as part of gift-aid claims
- Our auditors in the preparation and examination of annual accounts
Why we share information
We only share information when required to do so by law. We do not share information with any third parties.
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, any person whose personal information we hold has the right to request access to that information. To make a request for your personal information, please contact our data controller or data processor whose details are at the bottom of this page.
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection Regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, we request that you raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the ICO.
Data Controller, GAWPT
16a, Park View Rd.,
London, N3 2JB
020 8343 4246
Data Processor, GAWPT
141A, High St.,
Kent TN8 5AX
01732 866 955
A note about cookies